Community

Forum

Dain Bramage

Nathan MillerNathan Miller Friend of a Friend
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I might have brought this up before and excuse me if I have but Dave was in the band Dain Bramage before joining Scream. Does anyone know the years he was in that band?

Comments

• Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited April 2009
    1985-1987 I believe. Check out this fan page, it's pretty informative:http://home.comcast.net/~gravityboy/bramage/index.html there is a wikipedia page for them as well.

I have the album. I was gonna do a transfer but I don't know if it's ok to post that on DIME or not even though it's out of print.

I was wondering the same thing about the Mission Impossible 7". I just bought a copy of that for $100 from a private collector I am waiting to receive it.
  • Nathan MillerNathan Miller Friend of a Friend
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I have been to that site. The reason I was asking is because several years ago I bought two flyers from ebay for Dain Bramage. I have never been sure if Dave was in the band during that time or not.
  • Scott HondaScott Honda Member
    edited April 2009
    There's at least one transfer of the album floating around:

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that first demo - "In the Dark" is awesome. While it's nice to hear the sample on that fansite, it almost makes it worse that it isn't (or at least doesn't appear to be) circulating.
  • edited April 2009
    I have a full MP3 of a studio demo of "In the Dark" that I got from someone on YouTube. I'll try to upload it tomorrow. Great song; I like it a lot, too.
  • Scott HondaScott Honda Member
    edited April 2009
    I have the album. I was gonna do a transfer but I don't know if it's ok to post that on DIME or not even though it's out of print.
    It'd be almost certainly off-limits on DIME because it was officially released, even if in small quantities on a small label. The demos (if they're circulating at all) would probably be fine, since they weren't officially released.

I'm assuming by the "download link removed" from Miki that it's not cool to post the album here, either (though I wouldn't have minded a one sentence explanation, just so I didn't end up feeling like a total dickhead for breaking the rules). I'm assuming the demos would be fine(?).

BTW - that link was another website that had posted that transfer (ie, not a direct Mediafire or whatever) - if you're desperate, try some Googling.
  • Miki JohansenMiki Johansen Collaborator & Donator
    edited April 2009
    I'm assuming by the "download link removed" from Miki that it's not cool to post the album here, either (though I wouldn't have minded a one sentence explanation, just so I didn't end up feeling like a total dickhead for breaking the rules). I'm assuming the demos would be fine(?).

BTW - that link was another website that had posted that transfer (ie, not a direct Mediafire or whatever) - if you're desperate, try some Googling.

Yeah sorry, I forgot to leave a message why I removed the link. I was cooking while I removed it, went back into the kitchen and it slipped my mind to leave a message. Sorry :o

We do not allow links (whether they´re direct or not) to official stuff here, you´ll have to go elsewhere.

I think posting the demos would be alright, I´m not sure. Simon would have to chip in on that.
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited April 2009
    Yeah just no linking to officially released material please, assuming the demo hasn't been released thats fine.
  • edited June 2009
    Here it is.
  • Daniel BDaniel B Newcomer
    edited December 2009
    Can you reupload the song? The link appears to be dead.
    Thanks in advance! :)
  • edited December 2009
    Click here.