Community

Forum

Later with Jools Holland in October

Diego CastanhoDiego Castanho February Star
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Later with Jools Holland returns for a 10 week run on September 15th and Foo Fighters will be returning to the programme (exact date tbc) to promote their November 2nd ‘Greatest Hits’ CD.

=D

Comments

• Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Hope someone in the UK can catch this. They don't show the Jools Holland stuff over here until like years later. I just saw the In Your Honor stuff like 2 weeks ago.
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited September 2009
    i edited the thread title since they weren't on yesterday of course. Paul from Fooarchive has it down for October 30th, with a track or two going out as it's recorded on 'Later Live' on October 27th. He said it's likely not the only promo appearances in the UK.

Now as for recording, i can record it to my Virgin Media PVR in High Def, BUT i can't trasnfer it to the PC. Unlike your PVRs in the US, this Virgin Media box doesn't have any outputs except Scart, so that would be the best i could do, not HD obviously, and probably not too great quality.

However, Jools Holland is a popular show, so the chances of someone capping the whole show and uploading to a newsgroup is likely. We'll see with earlier episodes. Otherwise I should be able to contact someone to get direct SD DVB.

Either way, we should be sorted. :)
    edited October 2009
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and i caught the MTV VMAs earlier on MTV HD so i thought i'd do a test capture, to see what my transfer would be like if for some reason we can't get a direct digital capture.

Here is it, it's a snippit of Green Days performance:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yayxfummmzm

I don't think it looks too bad, but obviously anything direct and digital will look better, so here is hoping someone does capture it, hopefully in HD.
  • edited October 2009
    So is this is still due for next week?

Surely they're not coming over to do one show? No sign of a secret gig or anything? Zane Lowe session?
    edited October 2009
    So is this is still due for next week?

Surely they're not coming over to do one show? No sign of a secret gig or anything? Zane Lowe session?

They're here for this on Tuesday, Radio 1 Chris Moyles on Wednesday, then they're in Germany for the EMAs on Thursday. I'm hoping they find time for a secret show somewhere, but it doesn't seem likely.
    edited November 2009
    They did Wheels and for some reason Times Like These tonight. I'm hoping someone captured the HD or atleast direct SD, if not I have my PVR backup.
  • Zac PenriceZac Penrice Member
    edited November 2009
    norah jones was on the show too. i wonder if she's going to sing virginia moon with the foo's. probably not but you nether know.
    edited November 2009
    norah jones was on the show too. i wonder if she's going to sing virginia moon with the foo's. probably not but you nether know.

I hope not, I really don't like that song. On another note though, she was looking smokin'.
    edited November 2009
    I hope not, I really don't like that song. On another note though, she was looking smokin'.

This made me chuckle. I feel the same way. Did you have any friends capturing in HD Simon? I need to find someone to do an HD capture of Storytellers on Nov 27th. That Andrew guy from Cleveland can do HD captures. Maybe I will ask him if he can catch it for me.
  • Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
    edited November 2009
    Did you notice Taylor's mic wasn't fully working on Wheels when he was trying to sing the backup vocals??
  • edited November 2009
    Dave did an acoustic Times Like These on Chris Moyles this morning. I didn't catch the beginning but he riffed on a couple of other things by request.
    edited November 2009
    This made me chuckle. I feel the same way. Did you have any friends capturing in HD Simon? I need to find someone to do an HD capture of Storytellers on Nov 27th. That Andrew guy from Cleveland can do HD captures. Maybe I will ask him if he can catch it for me.

Yeah I don't know anyone. As I say I have it in HD on my PVR, but there is no way to get it off in HD. All I can do is an analogue capture to my PC in SD, but a direct capture would be better. BBC iPlayer do show it in 720p HD after the show, but it's obvious HD for the web, and is flash, so not ideal.
    Did you notice Taylor's mic wasn't fully working on Wheels when he was trying to sing the backup vocals??

Yeah you couldn't hear them, also Chris didn't sing them at all, which was odd.
    Dave did an acoustic Times Like These on Chris Moyles this morning. I didn't catch the beginning but he riffed on a couple of other things by request.

Yeah I heard about that, I just wish a) I could get up early enough to hear that and b) tolerate Chris Moyles for more than ten minutes.
  • Zac PenriceZac Penrice Member
    edited November 2009
    lol its not too bad. she was hot though.
  • Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
    edited November 2009

Dave was on Fearne Cotton's show as well and did My Hero acoustically and chatted about the Foo Fighters and TCV.
    Oh yeah and another story about bogies!?!?
    edited November 2009
    So according to Paul from fooarchive.com who was there:
    pjonze wrote: »
    The live Tuesday show & Friday's hour long show are two seperate recordings - Friday's show is The Pretender, My Hero & Times Like These.
    As the show is recorded 'as live' in one take from 8.30 to 9.30ish, any edits have to be done in the half hour between the taping and the show going live. On this occasion the band chose to re-do My Hero because Taylor's pedal broke mid-way through... the 2nd version had the extended jammy outro.

Jay Z seemed to dig the band, he was constantly moving around to get a better view as the cameras got in his way - likewise the Foos were all nodding away to his stuff.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    lol its not too bad. she was hot though.

now i gotta see a picture or something of her from this, two people saying it haha
    edited November 2009
    So the only way to get the Chris Moyles stuff is gonna be from the webcast/podcast?
    edited November 2009
    So the only way to get the Chris Moyles stuff is gonna be from the webcast/podcast?

Unless someone else snagged it, yeah. I really wasn't getting up at 6am for it.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited November 2009

hey Brad, i e mailed Andrew yesterday, he said not to worry he has a friend that can and will mostly likely capture the Story Tellers in HD.