Community

Forum

VH1 Storytellers

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Surprised they haven't done this show before, but I guess it's part of their Greatest Hits promotion.

The only details known so far is it will be recorded in October, In LA.

http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/10402?source=email_091609

Comments

• Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Holy Shit! If anyone gets info on how to get tickets please let me know. I would love to go to this.
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited September 2009
    Thought you would be happy with this! :D I'll let you know if i see anything.
    edited October 2009

And still no LA contests. I have tried everything to get into this show and so far nothing.
    edited October 2009
    Had no idea where that radio station was to be honest. Emily is desperately trying to get to it and she mentioned they'll likely do a casting call thing, where you have to send VH1 your picture and the people they think will look the best get chosen. No details of such a thing though. We don't even know the date yet, but obviously after the 15th when TCV are done.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited October 2009
    there is a auction for 2 tickets for it and a meet and greet the auction says it is on October 28th at 8 PM in LA. its at $1,050 right now... $250 bit increments.
    edited October 2009
    Yeah that's too rich for my blood. I have met them 3 or 4 times before. $1050 is way too much to pay for that. Not that desperate. Nice to have the date of 10/28 for it though.
    edited October 2009
    I'm tempted to just blow all that money if it was only 1300 or 1550.... eh its for charity too, i can look at it that way haha

but im sure near the end of the auction it will sky rocket
    edited October 2009
    i seen it at $1300 earlier today. someone said at bbs that it was as high as $6250.

they don't show what it sold for only that its closed.
    edited October 2009
    Incase you didn't see it Brad, Mike posted this at the BBS:
    ok, what the hell, Ill just post the info,..

VH1 & Gotham Casting Present

Storytellers:
    Foo Fighters

LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, CA!

VH1 is filming a very special Storytellers concert featuring The Foo Fighters and we want their BIGGEST fans to be a part of it!

This will be a very intimate show, and a rare opportunity to see FF in such an intimate setting, discussing some of their biggest hits! Seating is extremely limited! These tickets will go FAST, so reply ASAP!!!

If you are a HUGE fan of the band and would like the opportunity to receive Complimentary Tickets to this concert, and you live in the LA area, please reply back to

Tickets@GothamCasting.com

Include the following: NAME, AGE(must be at least 18):
    PHONE, RECENT PHOTO & GUEST NAME( 1 Guest Per Person):

Answer following questions
    What makes the Foo Fighters such a unique band?
    WHAT MAKES YOU SUCH A BIG FAN OF The Foo Fighters?
    YOUR FAVORITE FOO FIGHTERS SONG & why:

Also include some questions you always wanted to ask the Foo Fighters or anyone in the band!!! You may get a chance to ask the band in person if your question is great!!

MAKE SURE TO PUT "FF STORYTELLERS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL!!

The show is scheduled to tape on Wednesday, October 28th in Los Angeles- Full detail will be given to you upon being booked for show.

The time is still TBD, so be sure you will be available ALL DAY before you reply for tickets.

Upon receiving your email, we will contact you with all of the final details, including venue and time, should you receive tickets!
    edited October 2009
    I guess I'll go ahead and try this...
    edited October 2009
    only thing that scares me is i did a search about this, that ad that mike posted on bbs was posted on this other forum thing 7 days ago...
    edited October 2009
    did more searching though... thier official site is down, being redone... thier myspace and facebook doesnt mention this foo fighters storytellers so that is good...
  • edited October 2009
    thier official site is down, being redone...

http://twitpic.com/m9led.
    edited October 2009
    IM FUCKING GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Krista KellyKrista Kelly Friend of a Friend
    edited October 2009
    IM FUCKING GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there! Woohoo! :)
  • Diego CastanhoDiego Castanho February Star
    edited October 2009
    My friend just tell you that the show goes. He received the phone yesterday, warning about the invitation. = D
    edited October 2009
    I think they play around 10 songs for this...I'm guessing the songs taht will be played, but not in order:

Wheels
    Everlong (acoustic)
    My Hero
    Times Like These
    Big Me
    Best of You
    The Pretender
    All My Life
    Monkey Wrench
    Learn to Fly

I'm going to go out and a limb and say Everlong will be acoustic...
  • edited October 2009
    What about "Word Forward?"
    edited October 2009
    I can't wait... 2 more days i still can't beleive im going to this
    edited October 2009
    Yeah they kept giving away tickets to this all morning on KROQ. I just kept thinking....suckers! I already have my ticket! I'm sure the winners felt that way when I didn't get into that Breakfast with Kevin and Bean thing too though.
    edited October 2009
    Julio is apparently going to be there tomorrow Brad, maybe you can speak to him about the DVD?
  • Diego CastanhoDiego Castanho February Star
    edited October 2009
    Simon, I can talk to him. and p have to ask him to take a copy of the dvd pomona for you.
    edited October 2009
    What do you want me to ask him Simon? I have already asked for a properly authored copy and asked if we can release it. He has said no to both.
    edited October 2009
    What do you want me to ask him Simon? I have already asked for a properly authored copy and asked if we can release it. He has said no to both.

Oh ok then, never mind.
    edited October 2009
    shot you a PM Brad...
    edited October 2009
    Cool. See ya tomorrow! Just heard back from the guy that runs Jessy's website and he said the Foos are playing the MTV Europe awards next week too. I'm sure that is old news but I thought I would throw that out there just in case.
    edited October 2009
    It's going to be weird when they air this show watching it, because i'm going to know so many people in the audience!
    Cool. See ya tomorrow! Just heard back from the guy that runs Jessy's website and he said the Foos are playing the MTV Europe awards next week too. I'm sure that is old news but I thought I would throw that out there just in case.

Yeah I was aware of that, not sure it's been posted here though. It's the day after the Jools Holland performance I think.
  • Miki JohansenMiki Johansen Collaborator & Donator
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I was aware of that, not sure it's been posted here though. It's the day after the Jools Holland performance I think.

http://www.foofighterslive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1916
    edited October 2009
    just gotto the hotel..
    edited October 2009
    It's going to be weird when they air this show watching it, because i'm going to know so many people in the audience!

hahahaha
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited October 2009
    We'll have to get people to point out where they were in the audience and we can post up screen caps of you guys ;P
  • Roberto SaezRoberto Saez M.I.A.
    edited October 2009
    Someone was uplaoded the Greatest Hits ..... :/ .... :mad:
    edited October 2009
    Good show peoples? Setlist according to board people:

All My Life
    All My Life
    This is a Call
    Big Me
    Learn to Fly
    Pretender
    Long Road to Ruin
    Times Like These
    Skin & Bones
    Hero
    Wheels
    Word Forward
    Best of You
    Everlong

and it airs November 27th at 11pm apparantly.
    edited October 2009
    hey simon, one of the All My Lifes was at the end, was like a encore haha. after they left the stage dave came back and said taylor broke his drum stick during the first take so they had to redo it.

also they stopped best of you like 30 seconds in because Daves guitar was out of tune so they re did it right away.

was really nice.... even got a set list haha its so funny on the set list after every song it says (talk) and one of Crhis' a picks.

got stuck like behind the band they had these wierd seats behind the band. i think everyone i seen there got stuck behind them too on the other side... eh i guess it was nice were like right by the stage.

of course i got stuck next to the biggest wierdo there...

was wierd to get to finally meet everyone haha... Brad, Krista, Mike. It was nice to meet everyone and everything. you were the only person really missing Simon.
    edited October 2009
    Ahh right didn't know where they did the other AML, just heard someone say they did it twice. Sounds like a good show anyway, how was Word Forward live? I'm really liking the studio version, better than Wheels.

Haha, as much as i'd have liked to be there, it was just a tad too far to get to. :p. I'm really hoping they're going to bust a UK show when they're here next week for Jools Holland and such.
    of course i got stuck next to the biggest wierdo there...

Oh, you were next to Emily, huh? Bad luck.

(I'm only daring to write that because she doesn't read here) :p
    edited October 2009
    haha i know that Simon... but you know what i mean... something i definatly wish you could of been at.

haha... nah wasn't by them.

Word Forward was really good live... i think it was the hightlight of the show for me song wise.

was nice to hear Dave so emotonial for once talking about it before the song... i never listened to the whole song yet until last night..

was annoying too about the wierdo and word forward... kept like screaming woo though it and stuff
    edited October 2009
    These kind of shows definitely seem cool to be at, but it's something they only really seem to do in the states. All of the TV shows they do here, like jools Holland next week are just TV series, so you can't just go and get tickets for a specific show, usually with BBC shows you put your name down for tickets for a show, then you just get on when they're available. Or you can have some sort of connection and get in that way of course.

Like I say, i'm really hoping they do a proper fan gig here next week, but i'm not counting on it.
    edited October 2009
    think positive.