Community

Forum

Foo Fighters to play Berlin on 11/04/09

Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Taken from the Official Foo Fighters Newsletter:
FOO FIGHTERS TO PLAY BERLIN ON NOV 4TH

Foo Fighters will play Postbahnhof, Berlin on Wednesday, Nov 4th, Doors open 8.30 pm.

Tickets can only be purchased at KOKA (Oranienstr. 29, 10999 Berlin) on Tuesday, Nov 3rd from 8 pm on.
Tickets are limited to 2 tickets per person.
Photo ID for ticket purchase and admission to the venue is required.
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
No camera or recording devices allowed.

This is a a surprise indeed! How last minute is this! Wonder if we can arrange someone to buy tickets and tape for tommorow :D

Comments

• Diego CastanhoDiego Castanho February Star
    edited November 2009
    :eek::gonowhere: i want
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited November 2009
    After the practice they had the other night on livestream it makes you think how amazing is this show going to be :eek: Especially if they pull out a setlist similar to the one that night (doubtful I know but they did enjoy it so who knows).
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited November 2009
    Nice. That puts pay to any chance of a UK show then, unless they come back on Friday after the EMAs, which seems unlikely.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm looking for my flight ticket for tomorrow
  • Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Is anyone still in contact with the '07 Oberhausen taper? Maybe we can ask him if he is going and if he will tape again. His recording sounded good if I remember correctly.
    edited November 2009
    Is anyone still in contact with the '07 Oberhausen taper? Maybe we can ask him if he is going and if he will tape again. His recording sounded good if I remember correctly.

Ahh good thinking Brad, I have his email address and contacted him a few times, i'll send him a message right away!

EDIT: Nope that's a no go, Fred is currently in Hannover, 300km from Berlin.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    ahh sry simon... I'm taking it this is a small venue then? to be able to sell it out this fast?

I'd imagine they'd have to pull out a few old songs they played the other night for sure...
    edited November 2009
    ahh sry simon... I'm taking it this is a small venue then? to be able to sell it out this fast?

I'd imagine they'd have to pull out a few old songs they played the other night for sure...

Yeah looks like a small club venue, and yeah they're bound to do some of the stuff from then. I guess they decided they've done enough UK club shows, or they needed to be in Berlin that night ready for the EMAs.
    edited November 2009

I'm guessing the same thing. They love to bust out 1 or 2 oldies when they do these little club shows. Bummer about Fred. I hope someone there will be recording. It would be a shame to lost out if they do play some gems. Still mad that nobody taped the Dingwalls show where they played Wind Up. That's still one of my favorite foo songs and its close to, if not the best show opener they have ever done.
    edited November 2009
    I'm guessing the same thing. They love to bust out 1 or 2 oldies when they do these little club shows. Bummer about Fred. I hope someone there will be recording. It would be a shame to lost out if they do play some gems. Still mad that nobody taped the Dingwalls show where they played Wind Up. That's still one of my favorite foo songs and its close to, if not the best show opener they have ever done.

Well there is a tiny hope, Fred just emailed me back and he said SonyMusic are doing some sort of web raffle give away thing, so If he wins that, he'll go.

Yeah Dingwalls is a shame, I know most of the people that were there and they're not tapers, and the rest of the people there were industry types. I'm not bothered too much about a recording because my friends say the Wind Up was super rough, because they didn't know it, but i'm still pissed I didn't get to go. I was in Crete on holidy at the time, didn't know anything about it until I got back.
    edited November 2009
    Heh, one of my UK foo-gigging friends is going to this, managed to get a ticket by calling the venue and booked some flights. If only I had the money to do that.
    edited November 2009
    Heh, one of my UK foo-gigging friends is going to this, managed to get a ticket by calling the venue and booked some flights. If only I had the money to do that.

Is he willing to record by any chance? Even a novice's recording would be better than nothing at all!
  • edited November 2009
    Finally i don't travel to Berlin today because i don't have the ticket.

I have a friend that have the ticket.

He arrived to 7.00 pm to the ticket store,150 people waiting to buy the ticket.
    Around the 7.30pm arrived many people and in ten minutes arrives to the street corner...i think that was normal.

My friend can't buy a ticket for me because he don't know my dni or passport number(every ticket have your passport number) ,and the ticket office appart take your name and surnames on a list,definitely is not possible buy tickets on the street,for this reason i don't travel to my favorite city to see my favourite band.

The club are 600 or 700 persons for your info
    edited November 2009
    Is he willing to record by any chance? Even a novice's recording would be better than nothing at all!

It's a she, and no not at all unfortunatly, not the type at all. We'll just have to hope for the best, I guess.
    edited November 2009
    Rough setlist:

The Pretender
    My Hero
    Generator
    Well now I can't remember the order anymore ;D
    Young Man Blues (The Who Cover)
    Learn To Fly
    For All The Cows
    Wattershed
    Long Road To Ruin
    Hey Johnny Park
    Up In Arms
    Word Forward
    Wheels
    Marigold
    Skin And Bones
    Cold Day In The Sun
    But, Honestly
    Monkey Wrench
    Times Like These
    Big Me
    Stacked Actors
    Low
    Triangle Solo (according to Dave it was the last one ever ;D )
    Aurora
    Everlong
    edited November 2009
    That sounds like a killer setlist!! I really hope someone recorded this.....:(
  • Kevin ZentgrafKevin Zentgraf Newcomer
    edited November 2009
    Rough setlist:

The Pretender
    My Hero
    Generator
    Well now I can't remember the order anymore ;D
    Young Man Blues (The Who Cover)
    Learn To Fly
    For All The Cows
    Wattershed
    Long Road To Ruin
    Hey Johnny Park
    Up In Arms
    Word Forward
    Wheels
    Marigold
    Skin And Bones
    Cold Day In The Sun
    But, Honestly
    Monkey Wrench
    Times Like These
    Big Me
    Stacked Actors
    Low
    Triangle Solo (according to Dave it was the last one ever ;D )
    Aurora
    Everlong

Hey. I am the guy from the official forum who put that "setlist" up. I forgot to include All My Life to that setlist...
    Then it should be pretty complete.

I also hope someone recorded that one. The show was just amazing altough from time to time there seemed to be sound problems. Dave's acoustic feedbacked a lot and it seemed like whenever Pat joined the guys you couldn't hear Chris not as well anymore.

Unfortunatly I think that no one recorded since the crowd didn't consist of too many hardcore fans. The biggest part of them was made up of people who only knew the crowd pleasers. Unfortunatly I don't own a mobile recording device but now I wish I had one.
    Doesn't happen often that they play all these songs in one night...
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited February 2010
    this has just been posted at the traders den.
    edited February 2010
    Jamie Lee wrote: »
    this has just been posted at the traders den.

holy shit:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80108
    edited February 2010
    NICE!
  • Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
    edited February 2010
    Excellent:cool:
    edited February 2010
    the quality is aweseome too
    edited February 2010
    Heh, he's always lying about rehearsing, saying they haven't rehearsed when they played pretty much the same set at the 606 show. :p
    edited February 2010
    haha Kevin, flippin threw this recording... see what you mean, haha right before But, Honestly, when dave starts strumming the intro chords, all ofa sudden for his acoustic guitar there is a loud ass feed back, hurt my ears haha. then Dave says something like thats not a good guitar sound. or something.
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited February 2010
    OMFG!!