Community

Forum

Ask Dave a question

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
http://10questions.time.com/2009/11/06/ask-dave-grohl

Can anyone think of a good question relating to this website we can ask?

Comments

• Miki JohansenMiki Johansen Collaborator & Donator
    edited November 2009
    Ask him if they will ever do like Metallica and make a site where you can buy their concerts.

That´ll give us something to do then :evil-lol:
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited November 2009
    lolz. I was thinking of just asking him something about live shows, and slipping in our website, but can't think of a way to word it without sounding like a weirdo.

Probably never get picked anyway, but it's worth a shot.
  • Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    How about this: "Going over the list at www.foofighterslive.com I can see there is a big trading community for live performances of the Foo Fighters. How do you feel about all of these performances being out there? Have you ever downloaded any of them yourself to listen to again?"

Kind of a question about live recordings that throws the site link out there but doesn't sound creepy to me. I don't know, that's the first thing that came to mind.

Again, they probably won't want to answer this. For some reason 99.9% of all bands out there dodge questions about live recordings.
    edited November 2009
    Well that's miles better than anything i've come up with. Like you say he probably won't answer it, but it won't do any harm to ask.
  • edited November 2009
    I like that question, honestly. I'd love to know if Dave listens to old Foo bootlegs.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    that is a good question Brad. I doubt thought they'll use this for a Time article though but i wish.

i think i heard in some Nirvana interview before that he collected Nirvana bootlegs when he was still in Nirvana.... i don't know if im remembering right or whatever.

i clicked that link, haha Dave's gonna be making all kinds of money, i thought about that the other day the Nirvana DVD and the Greatest hits out the same day... that article reminded me of the Them Crooked Vultures album coming out in 2 weeks.
    edited November 2009
    that is a good question Brad. I doubt thought they'll use this for a Time article though but i wish.

i think i heard in some Nirvana interview before that he collected Nirvana bootlegs when he was still in Nirvana.... i don't know if im remembering right or whatever.

i clicked that link, haha Dave's gonna be making all kinds of money, i thought about that the other day the Nirvana DVD and the Greatest hits out the same day... that article reminded me of the Them Crooked Vultures album coming out in 2 weeks.

Thanks guys. I remember asking Nate a bunch of questions in 2000 when I met him and he told me I should get a job as an interviewer for a magazine because my questions were way better than any of the normal ones he gets asked on a regular basis.

I remember Dave saying once that he would have the guys at the board record certain Nirvana shows for him to keep and he also said when they did the Muddy Banks stuff he took his tapes off the table because he didn't want anyone else to have them. He said nobody will ever hear what he has.

He is gonna be making bank this month. That private jet will surely stay fueled for awhile! :D
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so with that bit about Nirvana, how about modifying it to this:

"In the past you've said you acquired live Nirvana bootlegs and enjoyed listening to them, have you done the same with Foo Fighters? Going over the list at www.foofighterslive.com I can see there is a big trading community for live performances of the band, how do you feel about all of these performances being out there? Are you (happy/impressed?) that a website like that exists for your band?"

I know they won't pick it, but it only takes a minute to submit. If people are happy with that, i'll submit it.

Actually, that's maybe a bit too long.
  • edited November 2009
    I like it.
    edited November 2009
    I like it to but it depends. Is it an article about Dave Grohl in general or about Dave Grohl in the Foos? If it's about Dave Grohl in the foos and you ask a question with Nirvana in it then it definitely won't get picked.

I tried to ask a question that had Nirvana, Sunny Day, and No Use for a Name in it and they cut it out on that yahoo Live Sets thing. They made me ask the question so it pertained only to the Foo Fighters.
    edited November 2009
    Good point. Maybe just cut the Nirvana part, and leave it as:

"In the past you've said you acquired live bootlegs and enjoyed listening to them....."

I dunno it's up to you, of course you can stick your own personal question in aswell, I just thought this was a good, albeit slim chance of getting Dave's attention about the site.
    edited November 2009
    Good point. Maybe just cut the Nirvana part, and leave it as:

"In the past you've said you acquired live bootlegs and enjoyed listening to them....."

I dunno it's up to you, of course you can stick your own personal question in aswell, I just thought this was a good, albeit slim chance of getting Dave's attention about the site.

Absolutely it is a great way to get his attention. My question for the Yahoo thing though was , "As a musician what would you consider your greatest moment in the business? Whether that would be in the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Sunny Day, or No Use for a Name."

They made me shorten it to "The Foo Fighters have been a band for 12 years. What has been the highlight out of all those years?" Or something like that. Either way, they made me edit out anything about their old bands. They might use your question but just cut out the Nirvana thing. Or hell, maybe they will leave it in and we will get an answer. Either way, turn it in and lets see what happens. Always worth a shot. When they asked us to bring questions to Storytellers I had some question pertaining to FFLive. They pre-picked everyone though so my question didn't even get submitted.
    edited December 2009
    not sure if the interview was posted anywhere... seen this little snippet here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dave_grohl_foo_fighters_still_going_strong.html

like that Aurora is his favorite song but yet they never play it anymore....
    edited December 2009
    just watched that video... it was alright... hate that Dave has to be so indecisive haha. first its gonan be a long break now he's saying we'll be back a lot sooner than people think... we'll see...

i sure hope they are back soon... will be very interesting to see what there set is going to be like now... assuming they don't have that "acoustic set" in the middle... lots of song slots opened....