Community

Forum

Tvc Lowlands Gig On Tv Tomorrow!, VPRO Nederland

Roberto SaezRoberto Saez M.I.A.
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Take from other forum :

"Will be aired on VPRO Nederland 3 at around 12 a.m. Saturday night. I'll be recording and ripping. I don't think that they're going to air the whole thing though, it's part of a "Back to Lowlands" compilation."

Info : http://forum.rekordsrekords.com/foru...howtopic=63319

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited November 2009
    Link doesn't work, but hopefully they record it to DVD and not just lossy crap.

Also on this subject, Reading footage is going to be shown:
    Them Crooked Vultures Live at Reading 2009

Saturday 21 November
    12:50am - 1:30am
    BBC2

Rock supergroup Them Crooked Vultures' three main members are Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters/Nirvana) on drums, Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) on guitar and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) on bass. They made their UK debut as secret special guests at 2009's Reading and Leeds festival in what turned out to be one of the most talked-about sets of the weekend.

Hopefully If they also simulcast it on the HD channel I can get someone to capture it, otherwise I hope to have my DVB-T capture stick by then.
  • Miki JohansenMiki Johansen Collaborator & Donator
    edited November 2009
    otherwise I hope to have my DVB-T capture stick by then.

Dang, I was gonna post on the board this weekend if anyone would´ve been interested in buying my DVB-T USB stick.

Which one you getting?
    edited November 2009
    Dang, I was gonna post on the board this weekend if anyone would´ve been interested in buying my DVB-T USB stick.

Which one you getting?

Haven't decided yet. Does your have the option to connect an external aerial to it?
    edited November 2009
    Haven't decided yet. Does your have the option to connect an external aerial to it?

A different antenna? It came with an antenna so I would think so.
    edited November 2009
    Yeah i mean basically can I connect the antenna on my roof outside to it?
    edited November 2009
    If I remember correctly dvb-t antennas use different frequency ranges than the older antennas, but still the same ones so there might be channels you can´t get cause of that.

But I use the tiny antenna that came with it and the signals are mostly fine, though it needs to stand in a window.

Though I dunno about the UK, but here in DK they will start using MPEG-4 in 2012 rather than the MPEG-2 now, and this usb stick does not support that. So if the UK are switching that too, I´d recommend finding one that will be ready for that switch.

Anyway, I´m only trying to get rid of this since my cable provider finally opened for the digital signal and I can receive all the 7 channels that are on the DVB-T net. So I´m gonna get a DVB-C PCI card instead.
    edited November 2009
    Ahh thanks for the info, i'll look up on it a bit. It's annoying that I have HD cable, but with no way to capture it to PC. My PVR records it direct to MPEG2 on a Hard drive inside it, but they give you no output options from it except SCART, and the data is all encrypted, so you can't just take the HDD out and copy it off.
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, if you want a PVR where you can connect it to your pc you need something Linux based, like a Dreambox or one from AB-COM. I have thought about getting one that´s Linux based, but that´s gonna take forever to save up enough money.

Anyway, sorry off topic :spank:
    edited November 2009
    One last thing, have a look at terratec, they seem to support MPEG4.
    edited November 2009
    Yeah the thing is the PVR is from the cable company for free, it's all one box that receives the cable and records it. So having two PVRs would be pretty silly.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/tv/vplus-hd-box.html
    edited November 2009
    Yeah the thing is the PVR is from the cable company for free, it's all one box that receives the cable and records it. So having two PVRs would be pretty silly.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/tv/vplus-hd-box.html

Oh, I see. So do you have to put one of those Common Interface cards into that PVR to view the certain channels? If not and you get tv by cable (DVB-C), a DVB-C card would be better to get, then you could just use the RF out from the PVR then into the DVB-C card. But if you use a Common Interface card and would have to get another one to put into the pc, then DVB-T would probably be better.
  • Roberto SaezRoberto Saez M.I.A.
    edited November 2009
    For the moment,they was played "No One Loves Me & Neither Do I" on tv...
  • Nick HabermehlNick Habermehl Friend of a Friend
    edited November 2009
    I miss Lowlands :(