Community

Forum

Help with Butterflies version

edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Hey guys! I have a mp3 of Butterflies for years now, can't remember where I downloaded, but for me it sounds much better than all the versions of tapes that have been transfered, it sounds a little noise reduced but still sounds really really good. Maybe someone knows from what transfer this came from, I would like to have a lossless version of this. Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mymomziyowt

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited December 2009
    I don't know why but to me this sounds like someones tried to filter out Daves vocals off of the studio recording and recorded their own backing track and pasted Daves singing over the top of it. Maybe it's the noise reduction.. either way it does sound good quality but something doesn't seem quite right about it.

Also happy birthday Marcel!
  • edited December 2009
    Isn't that the version from the Demo Tape bootleg CD, or whatever it's called?
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I haven't downloaded this, i'm still at a friends in London, but if it's a heavily noise reduced version of Butterflies, it will be the 10/94 S/T version from the Demo Tape CD. The version that MZ torrented is miles better.
  • edited January 2010
    I wonder if other people have downloaded this and what their thoughts are. For me it's a lot more audible than the Mike Ziegler transfer, it sounds much clearer to me