Community

Forum

Best Foo Fighters live moment?

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Thought I'd try and drum up some conversation here seems things are bit quiet, so what are your guys favourite live moments from this band? I don't mean complete shows like we've done in the past, I mean individual events/songs/out of the ordinary happenings.

So post here with your thoughts, maybe we'll get a list together and vote or something.

- Is it Rock And Roll and Ramble on with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones?
- Is it one of the many other collaborations? Queen at Hyde Park?
- Is it the Stacked Actors performance from 11/03/00 with triple drumming?
- Is it My Hero at Live Earth with the crowd singing along?

You tell me! Give me a top three or top five.

Comments

• Roberto SaezRoberto Saez M.I.A.
    edited February 2010
    Maybe :
    - Dave Grohl talking about Eagles Of Death Metal on 05/31/2008
    - Dave go out of the stage during Stacked Actors on 08/19/00.
    - "In Your Honor" on T In The Park 2005,really loud crowd at the begin.
    - "Today,we're the Freedom Fighters" during 06/15/96
    - "Everlong" at the 2 Meter Sessions 99' , I like this soft-bossanova-folk version.
  • Ross HarknessRoss Harkness Member
    edited February 2010
    just a couple wee things i like.:)

Dave where he is taking aback when he sings "best of You" at Wembley....and you see "that" taylor face moment..:)...i love that.

Dave Duel Drumming "colour & the shape" at Glasgow SECC..when they back up prodigy in dec 97...1st/2nd time i saw him on drums and he seemed to like it..:)
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited February 2010
    just a couple wee things i like.:)

Dave where he is taking aback when he sings "best of You" at Wembley....and you see "that" taylor face moment..:)...i love that.

Dave Duel Drumming "colour & the shape" at Glasgow SECC..when they back up prodigy in dec 97...1st/2nd time i saw him on drums and he seemed to like it..:)

Ooh forgot that one at Wembley, very cool imagary indeed.

I love all of the duel drumming moments, but the 11/03/00 one with Earl Hudson really stands out for me. I also like on the audio source for 11/22/97 as they start doing the double drum intro, you hear someone next to the taper say "fucking hell. That's insane.". Couldn't put it better myself. :D

EDIT: Oh and as a personal viewing highlight, it has to be them busting out Wattershed at Sheffield in 2007. Nothing amazing in the grand scheme of things, but I loved it.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited February 2010
    I'd have to say that Roswell and 24 Hours of Foo were some live events that stick out to me.

and to go along with Simon... as a personal thing, of course the Storytellers thing... flying out there for it and being really close to the band, hearing Word Forward played live for the first time...
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited February 2010
    For me I'd say Reading 1995 just for the sheer excitement of the audience and the band and how it all contributed to a pretty kickass show in general.

Also on a personal note it did send chills down my spine seeing Lemmy take to the stage with the Foo's at Hyde Park as well as the Queen collaboration plus all of the crowd singing along to Best Of You. Magic memories indeed.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited February 2010
    all of the crowd singing along to Best Of You. Magic memories indeed.

Yeah i really enjoy that about Best of You... especially the crowd singing the oooooooh oooooooh