Community

Forum

TCV on triple j Live at the Wireless

Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I just bought this over from the main TCV forum.
I know Simon is taking a break but is there anyone else that can help capture this show?
On Monday April 19 at 8pm, triple j will be airing the full set they recorded of TCV playing at the Hordern Pavilion in Sydney on January 26th.
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s2871147.htm

Comments

• Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Wish I could get the station. If I could I would totally capture it. Still bummed Taylor's Rockline appearance never got taped. People need to be more assertive with capturing these FM performances so we don't have to get the stuff via podcast or streaming on the web. Having it in better quality would be best.

I'm just as guilty as the rest. I missed recording the 2 songs from the Foos they played on KROQ from LA Invasion on 9/15/07. I was at the show though and figured someone would catch it so I didn't set it to capture before I left. That's why I made sure I caught the Breakfast with Kevin and Bean thing in 2008. Turned out that someone else's was better than mine on that one though.

Griping session over. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Hey Bob, after reading that news article I don't think it would be allowed on the site anyway even if someone did capture it. They are officially releasing it as a 10" vinyl for record store day somewhere. I have never heard of the store that is supposed to be carrying it. With it being official (as limited as it may be) I think posting it here would be a no no. Having someone from Australia capture it though in case nobody here even gets a copy would be a good idea. Don't know how limited a release it will be. When most bands do these "Record Store Day" releases they tend to be pretty hard to come by and only sold at limited retail outlets.
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, I can capture this from my Foxtel digital satellite connection as it has JJJ on it. I could then record it to my DVD recorder & transfer it to my computer. Only problem with that is it would be in MP3 but it's the only way i can capture it.
  • Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
    edited April 2010
    EDIT: Hey Bob, after reading that news article I don't think it would be allowed on the site anyway even if someone did capture it. They are officially releasing it as a 10" vinyl for record store day somewhere. I have never heard of the store that is supposed to be carrying it. With it being official (as limited as it may be) I think posting it here would be a no no. Having someone from Australia capture it though in case nobody here even gets a copy would be a good idea. Don't know how limited a release it will be. When most bands do these "Record Store Day" releases they tend to be pretty hard to come by and only sold at limited retail outlets.

Even if the official release Highway One was taken out of the recording and maybe uploaded to sendspace or mediafire?
  • Hugo BerthierHugo Berthier Recording History Freak
    edited April 2010
    Wish I could get the station. If I could I would totally capture it. Still bummed Taylor's Rockline appearance never got taped

I've got the perfomance, Sorry, I've been busy so I forgot to keep you informed.. :(
    You can take it on THL forum.
    edited April 2010
    Ok they have updated that article with a track list for the 10" since I looked at it yesterday. From what I read yesterday it looked like the whole set was gonna be released. If Highway 1 was taken out there should be no problem putting the rest of the show up for download.
    edited April 2010
    Hugo Bliss wrote: »
    I've got the perfomance, Sorry, I've been busy so I forgot to keep you informed.. :(
    You can take it on THL forum.

Can you please post the link Hugo
    edited April 2010
    Ok they have updated that article with a track list for the 10" since I looked at it yesterday. From what I read yesterday it looked like the whole set was gonna be released. If Highway 1 was taken out there should be no problem putting the rest of the show up for download.

Just need to get someone to record it now!
    Jamie can do it but as he said it would only be mp3
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if there is anyone on this site that is in Australia. You could go on DIME and message the guy who taped Sunny Day Real Estate in Australia to see if he can do it. If he likes Sunny Day maybe he likes TCV and would be willing to do it. He's a nice guy as I remember.
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if there is anyone on this site that is in Australia. You could go on DIME and message the guy who taped Sunny Day Real Estate in Australia to see if he can do it. If he likes Sunny Day maybe he likes TCV and would be willing to do it. He's a nice guy as I remember.

Just done that Brad and I've also sent a message to a Australian friend I have on facebook, but I'm not sure whether they have recording equipment!
    edited April 2010
    Well I'm crossing my fingers that someone will catch it. I have vowed to start capturing any and all FM shows/interviews that are in my area. I don't want to wait and hope someone else catches it or it never gets captured at all.

I just looked on craigslist and I'm pretty upset that I didn't look on Wednesday. Tickets for TCV at Nokia Theatre were going for half of face value. Scalpers bought a ton of them and then couldn't sell them to anyone. I know a buddy that is a ticket "broker" and he said TCV tickets have absolutely no resale value. He doesn't even buy them anymore because he lost his ass on them the one time he did. The $96 floor seats went for $40 each on craigslist. Someday I will see them! Damn! I did get to see/tape Sunny Day Real Estate though so I'm a happy camper. I like them better than TCV anyway.
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited April 2010

i hate to ask for officially released stuff here... but does anyone know of a MP3 rip of the Highway One live track from the vinyl? if so PM me...
    edited April 2010
    Looks like several people captured it on the official TCV forum, one will be posting on dime soon hopefully
  • Hugo BerthierHugo Berthier Recording History Freak
    edited April 2010
    Can you please post the link Hugo
    It seems that you had suscribe on the forum, so you can download it.
  • Krista KellyKrista Kelly Friend of a Friend
    edited April 2010
    Well I'm crossing my fingers that someone will catch it. I have vowed to start capturing any and all FM shows/interviews that are in my area. I don't want to wait and hope someone else catches it or it never gets captured at all.

I just looked on craigslist and I'm pretty upset that I didn't look on Wednesday. Tickets for TCV at Nokia Theatre were going for half of face value. Scalpers bought a ton of them and then couldn't sell them to anyone. I know a buddy that is a ticket "broker" and he said TCV tickets have absolutely no resale value. He doesn't even buy them anymore because he lost his ass on them the one time he did. The $96 floor seats went for $40 each on craigslist. Someday I will see them! Damn! I did get to see/tape Sunny Day Real Estate though so I'm a happy camper. I like them better than TCV anyway.

Same thing happened last year with TCV tickets. Do I know this "broker"? :p
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited April 2010
    hey guys, I just listened to the sunday broadcast and the DJ comments are not over the start of the songs like the first broadcast, there are still station tags but they are not over the music. Also it was the same edit, no extra songs.

Lets hope someone can upload a optimal transfer of it.

If no one does the best i can offer is a 256kbps 48kHz AC3 dvd recorder transfer.

I recorded both broadcasts.