Community

Forum

Studio pictures and info from twitter

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I followed this earlier on the BBS. Chris in a recent interview also said this and gave the schedule:
    "We're supposed to start really recording at the beginning of September," says Chris. "We did about a week and a half of rehearsals already, we're about to do another week or so starting tomorrow, then we have a couple more weeks of rehearsals and demos starting in August. Then in September we'll start recording it for real."
    "We've done about 9 or 10 songs so far – it's all really rocking! I think that's where Dave's songwriting is right now. He wants to make a rocking record, so that's what it'll be."

I really am hopeful of this one moreso than IYH and ESP&G, partly because of Dave saying it will be all rocking but mainly because they're ditching protools and all the fancy studio stuff and doing it analogue in Dave's garage. Remember the last time they had that kinda setting? TINLTL.
    edited July 2010
    Dave is getting snap happy, master tape shots now:

8cdd.jpg
    k7r.jpg
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    there never going to take a break.
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited July 2010
    Wow brilliant stuff, it's such a tease seeing those master tapes and that other stuff too lol at least we know they look after their stuff well and catalogue it properly so whenever it is all over we can expect to see some quality stuff on the rumoured post-foo's breakup boxset.

On one of those tapes it looks like it says On Loa Again or something.. do you reckon that could be I'm Alone Again? It also lists Comfortable and My Poor Brain. Does anyone know if Comfortable is a working title for another song at all?
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I was thinking 'On Loan Again' is I'm Alone Again. Comfortable is a genuine unreleased song:
    comfortable was partially demo'd in the down in the park session and then at bear creek for colour and the shape they did a proper version (i think the ditp session one only had the guide vocal or something)....there definitely is a full version that almost became a bside in like 1999 or 2000 that was recorded for TCATS though....

That is what Tym told me, also said it sounded similar to If Ever.
    edited July 2010
    Sounds pretty good man, hope we get to hear it someday :)
  • Miki JohansenMiki Johansen Collaborator & Donator
    edited July 2010
    I wonder how Dave is using that Electro Harmonix POG, wouldn´t think he was into that octave/organ stuff.
    edited July 2010
    Demos almost complete.........countdown to FF7 session begins.......the wait is almost over. More to follow....

Wow, they're remaking Final Fantasy VII! :jawdrop:
    edited July 2010
    Dave has set up his own twitter account now:
    http://twitter.com/DGrohl

Not verified but the latest photo kinda does that.
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited July 2010
    I hope Dave keeps tweeting when they start recording the new album. It would be great to get an inside look.
  • Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
    edited July 2010
    Love the self portraits people take with their mobiles:D:D
    edited July 2010
    Jamie Lee wrote: »
    I hope Dave keeps tweeting when they start recording the new album. It would be great to get an inside look.

I hope so too. We used to have Joe Beebe's website for a studio insight, this should do nicely as a replacement seems that has gone now.

I've put all the pics so far here by the way:
    http://foofighterslive.com/!stuff/twi/
  • Diego CastanhoDiego Castanho February Star
    edited July 2010
    I'm putting all the materials that go out on their site here in Brazil.

photos and interviews

www.foofightersbr.com
  • Diego CastanhoDiego Castanho February Star
    edited July 2010
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

4dj.jpg
    edited July 2010
    It's really cool to see those two guys together again although it makes you think what is Krist doing at Studio 606 ;) Just visiting or laying down a bass track or two?
    edited July 2010
    he's doing this..:
    laying down a bass track or two?
    edited July 2010
    Or a bit of organ or something else lol Krist is multi-talented after all :P Mind you it's supposed to be rocky so you wouldn't expect anything other than bass or maybe a bit of keyboard but thats about it.
    edited July 2010
    Looks like they're done for now then:
    The end of a very productive week....closing up shop for now.....stay tuned for more.....we're getting closer......
    edited December 2010
    Nearly finished, and there is prety much every song title:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=2tob.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
    edited December 2010
    I don't like the the sound of this... Rami, Jessy...sounds acoustic ee if you ask me.... eh just hope no acoustic stuff this tour
  • Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited December 2010
    They'll do the acoustic stuff this tour. That's just the band they are now. I'm trying to get over that myself. After seeing them as just a four piece so many times over the years this is hard to get used to but I'm gonna have to deal.

The album is supposed to be super rock Dave says but I'm sure with that will be organs, violin, etc. Those people expecting Monkey Wrench or Hey, Johnny Park! are gonna be very disappointed I think. I wish they would just keep tight lipped till the release so people don't get their hopes up. I think that's been their downfall for the last 2 records. They say how rockin they are and they end up being more progressive than the last....still rockin, just pushing the envelope a little further. I am expecting some Erase Replace or Word Forward type stuff. I guess we will know in a few months though.

I noticed that on one song it says "Craig Wedren" next to it. I bet he's gonna lay down some vocals for it before it's done. That should be cool. Nice to see they never forget any of the people they've met along the way.
    edited December 2010
    Arlandria sounds like what Dave sings in Headwires.. nice to see he's possibly looking back at their old material and taking inspiration from it.