Community

Forum

Ready?

Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
It looks like the Foo's are currently in the studio now doing something album related. I remember they said they wanted to record in Dave's garage and this looks suspiciously like Studio 606 but maybe they are doing the pre-production/demos here for now. Either way calling Butch Vig in for just demos seems a bit suspect.

Here's the photos pulled from the Foo Fighters Facebook feed last night:

a2g.jpg

and

eacg.jpg

It appears it's all being filmed!

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited August 2010
    Yeah they said a while back they're going to film it all for a documentary to go with the album and yup pre-production in 606 then when they're actually ready to record they'll head to the garage.
    edited August 2010
    Looks like we have our first title and lyric snippet:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=231&filename=9ucd.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
    edited August 2010
    Interesting things from that is the 170 which I assume to be 170bmp, meaning it's pretty fast tempo. Secondly, Pat. :D
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I'm chuffed to see Pat in there playing on the record! It'll be his first proper album with the band since TCATS wouldn't it? If you discount Skin & Bones seeing as it's a live album.
    edited August 2010
    Well he played miniscule parts on Let It Die but yeah, this should be his first in depth stuff. It'd be cool if he and Dave shared Rhythm parts on songs.
    edited August 2010
  • Robert BowmanRobert Bowman M.I.A.
    edited August 2010
    Loving Dave's shoes:eek::D
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited August 2010
    haha I like that they already know which song is the B-Side
  • Miki JohansenMiki Johansen Collaborator & Donator
    edited August 2010
    Mainly to Stu, possibly others who may be on interest.

There is a huge difference in recording and mixing an album, so if it might not look like Dave´s garage, it´s more likely they recorded in his garage and took the masters elsewhere to have a better equipment than what was probably in Dave garage.

But to my knowledge, remembering my dad recording at one place, then going to another place to mix, which I did not understand, is more likely. I doubt Dave would even bother getting the equipment to record and mix it in his garage, that would just be blown money on something that would be used not that much every year.

I´m drunk so this is only by my own memory, but that would be my guess :shrug:
  • Stuart CassStuart Cass Founder & Administrator
    edited August 2010
    Mainly to Stu, possibly others who may be on interest.

There is a huge difference in recording and mixing an album, so if it might not look like Dave´s garage, it´s more likely they recorded in his garage and took the masters elsewhere to have a better equipment than what was probably in Dave garage.

But to my knowledge, remembering my dad recording at one place, then going to another place to mix, which I did not understand, is more likely. I doubt Dave would even bother getting the equipment to record and mix it in his garage, that would just be blown money on something that would be used not that much every year.

I´m drunk so this is only by my own memory, but that would be my guess :shrug:

Oh yeah I totally get that and everything but I was being a bit jokey when I said it doesn't look like Dave's garage lol.

Judging by the pictures that have been coming in they have actually been cutting demos + arranging it all and working on the entire thing at Studio 606 which is still cool. I like the back to basics idea of it all but I dunno how well it'd work. I compare it to Kurts idea of how to do In Utero wanting to make it raw sounding. It ended up working but they still recorded it in a quality studio with a quality producer... this could still end up rocking harder than the past couple of albums if the songwritings back on form and Butch Vig manages to keep things fairly simple.