Community

Forum

Secret LA Show Announced - December 21st!

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Well, I assume it'll be a secret show announcement. Jill posted this at the BBS:
http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=146163

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited December 2010
    Send an email to: rsvpfoofighters@gmail.com

Subject Title: Foo Fighters FREE SHOW

Include: Your legal name (first and last), contact email and phone number.

You and your guest must be able to be in the Los Angeles area on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 21st

Winners will be chosen at random

One entry per person (Multiple entries will be disqualified)

Winners + their guests must be 21+ and must have government issued photo identification

Tickets are non transferable

There will be no hard tickets for this event

You and your guest must arrive, check in + enter the show together

The doors will open at 7pm. The show will go off at 9pm.

Be prepared to leave your cell phone, camera, any other recording devices in your car - because they won't be allowed in.

No exceptions. So don't ask.

Contest is open NOW and will close Monday, Dec 20th at 11:59pm (pst)

If you are chosen, you will be contacted via email with further details including location, no later than 2pm (pst) on Tuesday, Dec. 21st.

Good luck anyone!
  • Kevin SabresKevin Sabres Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited December 2010
    i wish a litlte more advance and i might have attempted oh well... I hated Los Angeles anyways
    edited December 2010
    Yeah it really is only for LA people this time given the short notice. I was assuming they were going to announce a NYE show, seems odd to just play a show randomly at least three months before the record is out. Guess they're just itching to try a couple of new songs out.

I hope it'll get recorded but I doubt it, they're not going to even let people in with cell phones or camera so recording equipment getting in seems even less likely.
    edited December 2010
    eh they did that Paldino or whatever that clubs name is 3 months before, Echoes. june/september
    edited December 2010
    True. I'd assume this show is going to be in the same club again. I bet Brad wishes he was still in LA, I doubt he'll be able to get to this either will he?
    edited December 2010
    yeah there was another secret show there in another year too, i think in 2001?
  • Brad CollinsBrad Collins Collaborator & Super Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I made it here. Got the hookup with a ticket. I got one for a friend too and he covered my plane ticket. If he hadn't I would not have been able to come out. I am totally broke after buying gifts for my boys for Christmas. I have $10 to eat on for the 2 days I'm here. That's how broke I am.....

This is gonna be soooooooo much fun. Can't wait to hear some new songs!!!
    edited December 2010
    And Kev why did you hate LA? I miss it terribly. Always good shows to go to. It's expensive to live here but I love it. I want to move back someday.
    edited December 2010
    Thats really good news Brad, well some of it, I'm glad that you got to go on such short notice.

I don't know it was just different I guess, so many damn people there too, guess its just not for me.
    edited December 2010
    Yeah great that you get to go, have fun Brad!
    edited December 2010
    So as I'm sure you read elsewhere new songs were played and Krist Novoselic joined them on stage, including a touching version of Marigold featuring just Dave, Krist and Pat with an empty spotlight on the center mic.

True setlist differed slightly from the printed one, I believe it was actually:

Times Like These
    Generator
    My Hero
    The Pretender
    Back And Forth
    Learn To Fly
    White Limo
    For All The Cows
    Enough Space
    Rosemary
    Skin & Bones
    Long Road To Ruin
    Cold Day In The Sun
    These Days
    Best Of You
    Everlong
    Monkey Wrench
    All My Life
    Marigold
    This Is A Call

Printed setlist:
    photos665.jpg
  • Mike BenneMike Benne Member
    edited December 2010
    What do the notes on the setlist mean? I hadn't heard about the empty center mic anywhere before. That had to be awesome and sad to see at the same time.
    edited December 2010
    All I can think is that maybe they were production notes. All the camera crew, techs, and band had setlists. I didn't see those notes on any band or tech setlists. People were rabid for those setlists too. I saw guys pushing girls out of the way to get those and drumsticks. It was pretty sad.