Community

Forum

2011-03-24 Sydney Harbour - PRO #1c - Promo DVDR

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited February 2016 in Inactive Downloads
Thanks again to Boy Schouten for providing this DVD. It's not the 10/10 DVD I was hoping it might be but still very nice and an upgrade over the current version. The reason it's not 10/10 is that the promo DVD was made with a standalone recorder and on a lower setting, so only 4Mbps VBR. Still better than a similar DVB broadcast, better audio and full 16:9, not 4:3 like the current video.

Like I said in the audio thread, this will become PRO #1c replacing the audio only of YMB.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=375453

FOO FIGHTERS
March 24th, 2011
Goat Island (Wasting Light On The Harbour)
Sydney, Australia

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Generation: Pre-Broadcast Master > DVDR [PAL]
Source: PRO #1c - Professional Video
Running Time: 88:15 minutes

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
Transfer Details: Sony Standalone > DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 > DVDPatcher 1.06 > VideoReDo 4 > Adobe Encore CS5
Video Information: 4Mbps VBR / 720x576i
Audio Information: 384kbps AC-3 (Stereo)

SCREENSHOTS:
screen1gs.th.jpgscreen2xn.th.jpgscreen3eb.th.jpgscreen4qg.th.jpgscreen5qn.th.jpg

TRACKLISTING:
01. intro
02. Bridge Burning
03. Rope
04. Dear Rosemary
05. White Limo
06. I Should Have Known
07. Learn To Fly
08. My Hero
09. Up In Arms (jam)
10. Up In Arms
11. Big Me
12. Everlong
13. The Pretender
14. Best Of You
15. For All The Cows
16. Enough Space
17. Young Man Blues
18. Aurora
19. This Is A Call

REVIEW:
Taken from a Channel V promo DVDR this is a very good professional shot DVD. The video and audio are both of very good quality as expected for a pre-broadcast source although the video was only transferred via a standalone recorder with a lower setting as the video bitrate averages 4Mbps. This means at times, particularly later in the show when it gets dark there is quite a bit of macroblocking but it's not too bad. Picture clarity otherwise is very good. Audio is of excellent quality with good high end and a nice clear mix. The promo DVDR was of the second broadcast, not the original world premiere broadcast which means 'Skin & Bones' and 'Hey, Johnny Park!' are not featured but 'Young Man Blues' is. For full details on the sources for this show please visit the live guide.

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited September 2011
    How did people find this one? I had a nightmare authoring it, there were 45 second black screen placeholders where commercials would be added for broadcast that I removed, but every time I did it the audio sync kept getting thrown off after the cuts. I think I fixed it, what did you think? Notice any issues?
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited September 2011
    It was in sync all the way through from what I could tell and I'm usually pretty good at spotting things like that.

Watching this again makes me want the whole concert so much. It would have been one of the best foo dvd's ever if they had shown all of it. I hope channel V show some more down the track, but I highly doubt it.

I really like the motion menu's by the way, they look great.
    edited September 2011
    Ok thanks for the feedback. Motion menus are still pretty new to me, this is the second one I tried after T In The Park. It's hard trying to come up with unique ideas for each menu I make. I guess fancy transitions and intros are the next thing for me to try.

I know what you mean about wanting the whole show though, I know they'd need permission from the band but if they got it I don't see why they couldn't use 3 hours of programming late at night after midnight and show the whole thing.
  • Tania TaylorTania Taylor February Star
    edited September 2011
    Or they could just release the whole thing on DVD. :|
  • Brad CorbetBrad Corbet Newcomer
    edited November 2011
    Great work Simon - looking forward to seeing this in 16:9, but haven't been any seeders for weeks :(
    edited November 2011
    Great work Simon - looking forward to seeing this in 16:9, but haven't been any seeders for weeks :(

There are 11 seeders on it at the moment.
    edited November 2011
    There are 11 seeders on it at the moment.

I couldn't see any seeders and still don't, have had this active for over a month now and still sitting on 0.0% :(

Am I doing something wrong?
    edited November 2011
    I couldn't see any seeders and still don't, have had this active for over a month now and still sitting on 0.0% :(

Am I doing something wrong?

What's your ratio? Maybe it's too low. There's still 7 seeders on it.
    edited November 2011
    What's your ratio? Maybe it's too low. There's still 7 seeders on it.

Ahhh, it is my ratio - will have to bump it up a bit. Thanks for your help Tania!
  • Michael_LeslieMichael_Leslie The One
    edited November 2011
    So this is the only 16:9 broadcast? Oh well. Still cool!
    edited November 2011
    So this is the only 16:9 broadcast? Oh well. Still cool!

It's the only 16:9 copy we have that isn't lossy compressed, yes.
    edited November 2011
    I have the original broadcast in 16:9 on my MyStar box but there is no way to get that recording off there. It detects it if you hook it up to a PC or DVD Recorder so it's stuck on there eternally, unless I crack it open but as I'm not the legal owner of the box I won't be doing that. It bums me out big time that you can't get recordings off these things. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Or they could just release the whole thing on DVD. :|

FYI this was on the Sony Australia schedule as an Australian Tour Edition with bonus DVD for end of November, but management shut it down. (speculation) Maybe something to do with this promo turning up on ebay?
    edited December 2011
    FYI this was on the Sony Australia schedule as an Australian Tour Edition with bonus DVD for end of November, but management shut it down. (speculation) Maybe something to do with this promo turning up on ebay?

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought the promo had anything to do with it since it was shown on TV so plenty of people have it anyway. Maybe Channel V wanted too much money to license the footage or something.
  • Roberto SaezRoberto Saez M.I.A.
    edited January 2012
    someone can seed this in zombtracker please? I have now a HDD to can download all the thing seeded in the last month,but I don't wanna lost DIME ratio ,thanks is advance :)
    edited January 2012
    someone can seed this in zombtracker please? I have now a HDD to can download all the thing seeded in the last month,but I don't wanna lost DIME ratio ,thanks is advance :)
    Zomb has been down all week but once it comes back up I will upload it for you.
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited January 2012
    That's so strange. Zomb was down a couple of days for me as well, but I noticed it wasn't for anyone else (until now) by using downforeveryoneorjustme.com.

I had a look around to see what the problem might be and some help websites were saying it could be a DNS problem. So I changed over to the Google Public DNS servers and it worked, Zomb loaded no problems at all. I just changed back to my 'bigpond' servers and zomb is still not working, but every other site I go to is. I guess it must be an Australian ISP problem.

So If you want Tania, try the google DNS servers. They are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Just remember to write down your original DNS server numbers in case you want to change back.
    edited January 2012
    I was going to say I've had no problem with Zomb the last week, been up all the time for me.
    edited January 2012
    Jamie Lee wrote: »
    That's so strange. Zomb was down a couple of days for me as well, but I noticed it wasn't for anyone else (until now) by using downforeveryoneorjustme.com.

I had a look around to see what the problem might be and some help websites were saying it could be a DNS problem. So I changed over to the Google Public DNS servers and it worked, Zomb loaded no problems at all. I just changed back to my 'bigpond' servers and zomb is still not working, but every other site I go to is. I guess it must be an Australian ISP problem.

So If you want Tania, try the google DNS servers. They are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Just remember to write down your original DNS server numbers in case you want to change back.

I tried this but I still can't get onto Zomb. Can you check there that my account isn't banned or something? I don't know why it would be. Username is modtang.

Things I've tried:
    - Alternate DNS servers - unsuccessful
    - Pinging the IP address of the website (68.234.8.76) - unsuccessful (timed out)
    - Adding the IP address/url to my HOSTS file - unsuccessful
    - Factory resetting my modem/router - unsuccessful
    - Turned off my Firewall - unsuccessful

Any other suggestions? I've exhausted my wealth of network skills and can't figure it out. :confused:
    edited January 2012
    You would still be able to get on the site even if you were banned, which you're not.

If none of that worked I don't really know, can you access it on another connection, ie your mobile phone or via another WiFi connection?
    edited January 2012
    I just got onto the site via a proxy without any worries. I am thinking my ISP may be blocking it for some reason so I am going to contact them about it. None of the devices on my network will connect to Zomb so it's not PC specific.
    edited January 2012
    That would be the most likely explanation although you have to wonder why. Of all the torrent sites online Zomb is barely known.
    edited January 2012
    I'm using my ISPs own proxy in my browser and uTorrent and everything is working. I can't wait to hear back from them to see wtf is going on. I will upload the torrent and see how we go. Apologies in advance if things don't work.

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=41416
    edited January 2012
    FYI, this got sorted. It was on their end. Finally back without having to use backdoors. :D
  • meecrobmeecrob Newcomer
    edited February 2016
    Sorry to be a 1PC and dig up an old thread, but I come bearing bad and good news.

The TV channel that broadcast this gig, is shutting down tomorrow. But good news, this set is being re-broadcast tomorrow at 2PM ONE LAST TIME ... (105mins so not the entire set).

I have the technology to capture this in more or less identical to the broadcast and share it. It appears you guys could never quite source a decent recording.

Prepare for Pro #1D
  • CrashSG32CrashSG32 A River
    edited February 2016
    Awesome man! I was just about to post in the hope that someone could record it (as I don't have Foxtel myself). Hopefully a quality upgrade!

EDIT: If you upload it, please shoot me a link! Cheers