Community

Forum

2011-12-08 Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney, Australia - AMT #1 - HDV(M) > DVD

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited February 2015 in Inactive Downloads
Another one to pop up on Demonoid. Shot with a proper HD camcorder so i'm going to try and get his master HD files somehow.

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2802460/3478052/

Foo Fighters
8 Dec 2011
Football Stadium
Sydney, Australia

Filmed from the back with my sony hrd-xr150e

This would've been a great show if it wasnt for the sound guy
There is a delay between the back and front speakers so you will hear an echo
I wasnt impressed at all

This is the complete set
All My Life
Rope
The Pretender
My Hero
Learn to Fly
White Limo
Arlandria
Breakout
Cold Day in the Sun
Long Road to Ruin
Stacked Actors
WalkLet It Die
Monkey Wrench
These Days
This is a Call
In the Flesh? @Cover[Pink Floyd]
Best of You
Wheels [Acoustic]
Times Like These [Semi Acoustic]
Generator
Tie Your Mother Down @With[Tenacious D] @Cover[Queen]
Everlong

I used ConvertXtoDVD4 to burn my .MTS files direct to dvd

I will be seeding my 4 latest torrents 24/7 (best times are 8am - 8pm AEST) as i am not downloading anything

I HAVE A SHITTY ConNECTIon (UP SPEED 24Kbps)
SO BE PATIENT

I NEED HELP SEEDING MY SHOWS SO EVERYonE CAN ENJOY THEM. I UPLOAD AROUND DOUBLE THE SIZE OF THE TORRENT THEN I DELETE THEM SO EVERYonE NEEDS TO SEED

If you want to author the DVD more (menu's etc) go for it
Just give credit where credit is due ( Taper SS666 )

Share your thoughts and comment

PLEASE SEED FOR AT LEAST 1 OR 2 WEEKS AFTER COMPLETE

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited December 2011
    Also this source raises a question I've been meaning to put to you guys for a while, how do you think video masters that are recorded to a hard disk or memory card and saved as a digital file should be labelled? With physical media it's easy to call them MiniDV(M), Hi8(M) etc but what should these sort of things be called, or like Chris' digital camera recording?

If we stuck to the same formula as audio recorders which we just call WAV(M) these would be MP4(M)/MTS(M) but would that get confusing with all of the different formats?
  • Jamie LeeJamie Lee February Star
    edited December 2011
    MP4(M)/MTS(M) would be fine I think Simon. And If anyone is in doubt as to what they mean, they can always ask.
  • Tania TaylorTania Taylor February Star
    edited December 2011
    So happy to see this here. I just spent the best week of my life following the Foos around Australia and to have recordings to remember them by is awesome. I wish someone recorded the second Melbourne show though. It was way different from all the others.
    edited December 2011
    Glad that you had fun Tania, setlists have looked pretty uninspiring though. Don't know why have they dropped Bridge Burning and Dear Rosemary.

Just finished this download and as expected a 2hr 30 min show on a single layer DVD doesn't look great, 3Mbps average bitrate so it looks a bit messy at times. Taper hasn't responded to my messages though.

That echo effect is rather annoying as well, you'd think all of that would have been aligned in soundcheck.
    edited December 2011
    The sound was like that at all the stadiums, apparently. I put it down to distance and the fact that stadiums were not designed for good acoustics.

The second Melbourne show was closer to the regular setlist they've been playing. I got to hear BB and DR once, at least. I really wished they opened with BB more than the once though. They could always have played AML later in the set like they'd been doing. That was my only gripe. I'm gonna post some photos and a video once I get all that sorted out. I only filmed one song as I was up front in the mosh and was getting pushed around too much to hold the camera still. :(
    edited December 2011
    Sound quality is never great in a stadium like that but it shouldn't be echoing like it is in this video, the speakers should be synced up with delays. Like I say, something normally done in soundcheck.

It really is weird they dropped BB, those first 10-12 songs of the set have been the same all year. Strange to suddenly drop the songs for Australia.
    edited December 2011
    It really is weird they dropped BB, those first 10-12 songs of the set have been the same all year. Strange to suddenly drop the songs for Australia.

That's exactly what I thought. I was ready for them to come out at the first Melbourne show and do Bridge Burning and they did All My Life and my heart sank a little. I love the older stuff but I was looking forward to seeing the Wasting Light stuff live for the first time so it sort of threw me a little. At least they played them the next night and they were everything I'd hoped for and more. That second Melbourne show was the best one of the tour.

Here's my photos. Some are better than others.

10th Dec - Metricon Stadium (Gold Coast)
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151030022600311.777438.502950310&type=1&l=b2e2eebb16

8th Dec - Sydney Football Stadium
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151030003290311.777436.502950310&type=1&l=6029262704

5th Dec - Adelaide Oval
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151006832460311.775405.502950310&type=1&l=c9621f2586

3rd Dec - AAMI Park (Melbourne)
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151030228720311.777471.502950310&type=1&l=d96e477b45

2rd Dec - AAMI Park (Melbourne)
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151030129180311.777454.502950310&type=1&l=6bb499a858
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean, I was gutted that I missed Bridge Burning and White Limo at the iTunes Roundhouse show this year because of the queuing/ticketing farce. I was really looking forward to BB live and missed it.

They have a history of great openers and All My Life is one of them but Bridge Burning with that intro just works brilliantly.
  • Zoltan SaltyZoltan Salty Member
    edited December 2011
    Seriously I can't believe what this guy is doing again. He filmed Metallica last year and put the 2+ hours long show onto a dvd5 and now the same deal with an even longer one. :confused:

I really hope you can get the master files from him!
    edited December 2011
    Seriously I can't believe what this guy is doing again. He filmed Metallica last year and put the 2+ hours long show onto a dvd5 and now the same deal with an even longer one. :confused:

I really hope you can get the master files from him!

No response. :(
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who was able to get the Metallica show masters from him. I asked him to try to get the FF gig too, so if we have some luck we can enjoy it on 3 dvds if not on bluray. Will keep you updated here.
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who was able to get the Metallica show masters from him. I asked him to try to get the FF gig too, so if we have some luck we can enjoy it on 3 dvds if not on bluray. Will keep you updated here.

Ok let me know how you/they get on. I think the best SD output would be a single dual layer disc, with a 384kbps audio track you could get around 6.6Mbps VBR video for a 2hr 34mn video. Much better than the current DVD at 3.5Mbps VBR. I personally dislike videos over multiple single DVDs.
    edited December 2011
    The guy who I asked also filmed the show in HD, and getting sss666's masters to make a 2-cam mix. No info yet that he wants to author any of them as a single cam source.
  • azza85azza85 Newcomer
    edited February 2015
    Does anyone still have a copy of this show?

Cheers
    edited February 2015
    I didn't even realise Demonoid were still going, thought they were dead!
  • azza85azza85 Newcomer
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the links guys!!
  • ss66ss66 Newcomer
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I just found this forum. I filmed this show. I have free uploads now, so if you have ftp details Ill upload the original .MTS files. Email me
    edited February 2015
    ss66 wrote: »
    Hi, I just found this forum. I filmed this show. I have free uploads now, so if you have ftp details Ill upload the original .MTS files. Email me

Thanks, will do.
  • FooFightersAUFooFightersAU Newcomer
    edited February 2015
    Thanks, will do.

Did anything ever come from this?