Community

Forum

1995-11-14 Brixton Academy - AMT #1 - 8MM(M) > DVDR *NEW SOURCE*

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited February 2015 in Inactive Downloads
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=514568

This is a brand new source however as it is presented here is far from ideal. I received this on a DVDR direct from the taper via an ebay sale (Thanks to Ross Harkness) and expected it to be an authored DVD ready to share. However on the disc was simply an MPEG2 file with a few problems. Firstly the audio was only in the right channel, so I had to copy that to the left channel to create a faux stereo track. The video portion appeared to be DVD spec but unfortunately every DVD authoring program rejected it, they all disliked something about how it was encoded. The original file was created by ArcSoft software which leads me to believe the tape was captured via an EzCap device, or something similar. Therefore I had no choice but to re-encode the file to make it DVD Legal to share with you now.

Far from ideal, of course. I had resisted sharing the source like this for a while because of these issues in the hope we would be able to get a better, direct transfer. However that hasn't happened and doesn't seem likely to in the very near future so now I'm sharing it, but please bear in mind the above when downloading and watching. Hopefully a better transfer will be made available at some point in the future.

As for the video itself, see the review below.
This is a brand new source however as it is presented here is far from ideal. I received this on a DVDR direct from the taper via an ebay sale and expected it to be an authored DVD ready to share. However on the disc was simply an MPEG2 file with a few problems. Firstly the audio was only in the right channel, so I had to copy that to the left channel to create a faux stereo track. The video portion appeared to be DVD spec but unfortunately every DVD authoring program rejected it, they all disliked something about how it was encoded. The original file was created by ArcSoft software which leads me to believe the tape was captured via an EzCap device, or something similar. Therefore I had no choice but to re-encode the file to make it DVD Legal to share with you now.

Far from ideal, of course. I had resisted sharing the source like this for a while because of these issues in the hope we would be able to get a better, direct transfer. However that hasn't happened and doesn't seem likely to in the very near future so now I'm sharing it, but please bear in mind the above when downloading and watching. Hopefully a better transfer will be made available at some point in the future.

As for the video itself, see the review below

FOO FIGHTERS
November 14th 1995
Brixton Academy
London, United Kingdom

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Generation: 8MM(M) > DVDR(0) [PAL]
Source: AMT #1 - Amateur Video
Running Time: 65:38 minutes

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
Transferred By: Unknown (Re-authored by FooFightersLive.com)
Video Information: 6 Mbps VBR / 720x576i / 25 fps
Audio Information: 384kbps AC-3 (Mono)
Transfer:unknown > ArcSoft Software > VirtualDub 1.9.11 > Cinema Craft Encoder SP3 > Adobe Encore CS6

TRACKLISTING:

Enough Space
This Is A Call
Winnebago
Wattershed
For All The Cows
Weenie Beenie
Butterflies
Big Me
I'll Stick Around
Oh, George
Good Grief
Podunk
Alone + Easy Target
Exhausted
Floaty
Up In Arms
Gas Chamber
My Hero

MD5 FINGERPRINTS:
526bbf78d96d5f0898ed7120f11091d4 *VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
526bbf78d96d5f0898ed7120f11091d4 *VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
558bd2bc39f5fcc28ac28165fe15e441 *VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB
5a926fae17b047f00c8b0ca759bd0982 *VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
5a926fae17b047f00c8b0ca759bd0982 *VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
c44c0bfb49acf9f27a4457505255b791 *VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB
6c4745755ba9c0637e9e659ba53e09d9 *VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
1854f1be083b0da463db5b662eea8a0f *VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
387e01934df9545303e2a8a6ca51fd3d *VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB

REVIEW:
This amateur video is shot from the left side balcony looking towards the stage. The shot is extremely steady, most likely shot on a tripod. The shot is pretty static throughout focusing only on Dave/stage centre with no pans of the stage or zoom adjustment, with one exception 2/3 of the way into the show, zooming out to show the whole stage for a short time. With that exception, the rest of the video only Dave can seen most of the time, Nate occasionally. The video is fairly clear but suffers from a low quality transfer with horizontal interference occasionally. The audio is average with quite a bit of distortion, but still listenable.

The DVD features a menu with chapter points for each song. There are no extras on the DVD.

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited December 2014
    Another interesting thing about this video is that it clearly shows it was also pro-shot, not just the next night, and that the band were wearing the same clothes on both shows. This of course means the circulating pro sources that we've always labelled as being from 11/15 may be from this show, a mix of both. When I've got time I will use this video to compare the songs in the pro video, see if any match.
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited February 2015
    Another interesting thing about this video is that it clearly shows it was also pro-shot, not just the next night, and that the band were wearing the same clothes on both shows. This of course means the circulating pro sources that we've always labelled as being from 11/15 may be from this show, a mix of both. When I've got time I will use this video to compare the songs in the pro video, see if any match.

So I got around to doing this and there is nothing to report, all songs on the pro video are indeed from 11/15. So all that we need to add is an uncirculated pro-shot to 11/14.
  • Are we gonna have to wait til Dave passes (God forbid) before we ever see this show broadcasted again?