Community

Forum

2015-01-25 Est

Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
edited February 2015 in Inactive Downloads
Not sure on the lineage here, I'm guessing it's re-encoded from a 1080i capture. Will see what the Dime uploader says.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=517259&filelist=1#filelist
Foo Fighters - Live at Est

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited January 2015
    Yeah definitely not ideal. Looks ok on still shots but heavy, heavy macroblocking in motion. Definitely a re-encode.

Someone on YT uploaded one song in 1080 but said his internet isn't fast enough to upload the whole thing. He links to someone else who has uploaded it in 1080 but again it's a re-encode to progressive and only 3GB, so not good. I've tweeted him, see if we can get a direct cap.
  • arturcobainarturcobain Member
    edited February 2015
    Yeah definitely not ideal. Looks ok on still shots but heavy, heavy macroblocking in motion. Definitely a re-encode.

Someone on YT uploaded one song in 1080 but said his internet isn't fast enough to upload the whole thing. He links to someone else who has uploaded it in 1080 but again it's a re-encode to progressive and only 3GB, so not good. I've tweeted him, see if we can get a direct cap.

my best guess about low quality /artefacts or macroblocks is the live broadcast was sent in low quality from truck equipament to the station

the same to lolapalooza brasil 2012 broadcast (here it was more hard to see but that´s problem of low quality is there i think .... compression artefacts ,macroblocks)

nowdays i think multishow don´t much about quality..... it´s my guess only ....i am not a expert .... i have tv 1080 full hd and a standard tv too
    i can capture only standard quality
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited February 2015
    The SD broadcast would be low bitrate, yes. Probably about 3/4Mbps. The HD broadcast as it was, should have looked pretty good in H.264 at around 12Mbps. There are copies on Youtube in 1080p that look much better than this 720p version. Something went very wrong with this copy.