Community

Forum

Dave Grohl broke his leg in Gothenburg

JuMeteorJuMeteor Member
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Not very good news. Dave took a nasty fall during Monkey Wrench (2nd song in the set) in Gothenburg. He went to the hospital and came back to finish the show one hour later (!!!) sitting on a chair. His fibula is broken (there s a photo on the website). The two next shows at the Pinkpop festival and in St Gallen are cancelled. God knows in which shape he will be for the two shows in Wembley stadium next week. Speedy recovery to him. Must be very hard with the ton of shows coming this summer.

Comments

• CrashSG32CrashSG32 A River
    edited June 2015
    It's so horrible to watch!! Did he trip on a monitor cable or what? So many articles stating he jumped or just walked off, but it looks to me like he trips on a cable causing the guitar to pull forward and pull him down with it... I hope his beauty of a guitar isn't as broken as his leg... hopefully a speedy recovery for Dave!
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited June 2015
    From the videos I've seen he either trips on the cables stuck on the floor for the monitors or just trips on his own foot. Hard to be absolutely sure, the only clear video isn't great quality. Either way the result is a small stumble that usually wouldn't be a problem but he was right at the end of the stage with nowhere to go but off the edge.

edited June 2015
    I can see in that video that his right foot bends outwards, more likely to be a cable trip I think (...unless his foot clipped the ground causing him to trip over?...)
  • Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited June 2015
    Yeah his right foot does seem to catch on something to me but the camera jerks at that point so hard to tell for sure if it's the cable or his other leg.
  • JuMeteorJuMeteor Member
    edited June 2015
    The problem is that if the scan on the FF website is real, it is a displaced fracture and it probably needs some surgery so maybe few more days off. But that's really amazing he came back to end the show.
    edited June 2015
    Dave has written a letter including information about the incident: http://foofighters.com/operation

It seems they have also canceled the rest of the European tour. That includes the Wembley gig. Darn.

At least the letter is pretty funny! I'd love to have them release some footage or audio or something from this tour to tide us over, but there's tons of bootlegs from the past 6 months so I'm all set... at least until the US shows begin... hopefully. :]

" wound up feet first over the Edge (pun intended), dropping about 12 feet, dislocating my ankle and snapping my fibula like an old pair of take out chopsticks." Maybe he didn't trip on a cable after all...