05 Wattershed
06 For All The Cows
07 Alone + Easy Target
08 Good Grief
09 Podunk
10 Exhausted

11 Hovercraft (With Eddie Veddar) #

# opening set from Eddie Veddar's wife's band

The year was 1995. Kurt Cobain was dead and Pearl Jam mania was in full swing. I was a fan of both of those bands and I believe that I had already heard some Foo Fighters music on one of Pearl Jam's Self Pollution radio broadcasts. So when I heard they were coming to town I definitely wanted to go.

I didn't pick up a ticket though. They were opening up for Mike Watt and were kind of under the radar. The show was also the day I was getting back from talking my daughter to Disney Land out in California. I was gonna play it by ear and see how I felt after driving all day. I didn't think it would sell out.

Then while we were in California I saw on MTV news that word was out Eddie Veddar was playing in Watts band and his wife's band Hovercraft was opening up. It sold out immediately after that.

I didn't even bother to try and go. I of course heard glowing breathless reviews of how great it was. So years latter I was super glad to get a copy of this recording. I'm not sure who the taper was and I have no idea what gear was used. It's also not the best recording ever. A solid B+ though and totally listenable.

Thanks to Dan Utter for the mastering tweeks. Enjoy

LINK TO FLAC DOWNLOAD

download from
http://thatsthethingaboutthat.blogspot.hr/search/label/Foo%20Fighters

Comments

• Simon KilmoreSimon Kilmore Skinny as a spit pan
    edited October 2015
    Very interesting. This one used to circulate in the 90s but disappeared, good to see it turn up. How did you find it, out of interest?